Bett Homes is offering buyers the chance to purchase four and five bedroom houses at its Waterside development on Fidra Avenue, Burntisland, without having to save for a deposit. The homebuilder’s new CanBuy deposit loan scheme is available on selected plots at Waterside priced from £217,000.
CanBuy involves Bett Homes’ independent financial advisers arranging mortgages for potential purchasers, whose deposits come via fixed rate unsecured loans from Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC.
Bett Homes’ sales and marketing director, Grace Brownlow, said: “CanBuy is the perfect answer where the problem of saving a deposit is stopping people from buying their first property or next home at Waterside. If potential buyers thought their dream homes were out of reach, they should think again because CanBuy enables them to borrow the full cost.
“Anyone interested in finding the right solution for their individual circumstances only has to come and talk to us. We understand everyone’s situation is unique, so our independent financial advisers are on hand to talk them through how CanBuy can help them make their own home buying aspirations come true.”
One of the properties available under the CanBuy scheme at Waterside is The Stirling, a four bedroom detached home that benefits from a garage and is characterised by a striking exterior with stone work detailing.
Priced at £217,000, the thoughtfully designed property has an impressive entrance hall, which leads to a spacious, formal lounge. There is also a flexible open plan kitchen/family area and dining area with French doors leading to the rear garden, as well as a downstairs cloakroom. The first floor of the property boasts a master bedroom with ensuite and double fitted wardrobes, three further well-proportioned bedrooms and a modern family bathroom.
Waterside offers a superb combination of four and five bedroom detached homes priced from £217,000 to £320,000. Located between the major towns of Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy, this lovely coastal location is extremely popular.
Situated on the Firth of Forth, Burntisland boasts wonderful views across the water, a fine sandy beach and rolling countryside all around.
A lively town with a number of historical features and a range of amenities, Burntisland has a variety of shops, a local library, a museum and a modern leisure centre with fitness suite and sauna. The town hosts its own highland games and has an 18-hole golf course, which is among the oldest in the region.
For further information about Waterside and CanBuy call 08442 578529 or visit www.betthomes.com/waterside The marketing suite at the development is open seven days a week from 11am-5pm.
Note to editors
This example is based on the buyer of a home costing £217,000 applying to a mortgage lender for a mortgage of £184,450 (85 per cent of the purchase price) and Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC for an unsecured loan of £32,550 (the other 15 per cent). Borrowing £184,450 on a 35-year, full repayment basis via a mortgage with a rate of 4.74 per cent, means a monthly cost of £900.54. Borrowing the other £32,550 through a Hitachi unsecured loan, with a fixed rate of 5.9 per cent, repaid over 15 years on a capital and interest basis, means a monthly cost of £277.46. The combined cost is therefore £1178.
The actual amount of the loan will depend on Hitachi’s lending criteria and the offer is available on selected plots only. It is also subject to use of Hitachi appointed conveyancers Legal Marketing Services Limited. Terms and conditions apply. Bett Homes reserve the right to withdraw or alter this offer at any time prior to the payment of a reservation fee. Customers must complete a Credit Agreement with Hitachi and Hitachi reserves the right to withdraw or alter this offer at any time prior to its acceptance of a Credit Agreement. Prices were correct at the time of going to press.